Exploding fireworks made a house fire in Pendleton even more dangerous for firefighters on Sunday morning.
A blaze erupted at a house on Aiken Road and fire crews were forced to run for cover when the fire spread from a garage to the main house, igniting a collection of fireworks that had been stored there.
Since fireworks are illegal, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was called in to investigate. A total of five different fire companies responded to the blaze just before noon on Sunday at 6450 Aiken.
Fortunately, nobody was inside the residence. The home has been listed as a total loss.